Monday, September 29, 2008

Free time

What do people do with free time? I recently have had an after school schedule change and it means that I get two days every week where I don't have set plans. So I've made some phone calls, reread some books, cleaned my patio, did my laundry, cleaned out my email inbox, checked facebook so many times. I've wrapped birthday presents, written letters, watched my favorite guy lose on Jeopardy! (so sad, because I had the highest respect for him and he lost to an easy question on final Jeopardy! He was the Ken Jennings of my generation.) I've gotten the mail, gone to the dentist, cooked dinner, and talked to my mom.

Now I'm sitting at home in the quiet and I wonder what I should do for an hour before Heroes is on...write a blog, I suppose. And what better way to spend one's free time than to blog about what to do during one's free time

What to do during free time:
1) Blog.

2) Read Twilight, again.

3) Check your email obsessively.

4) Read that chapter in Twilight where Edward sparkles.

5) Clean something that you didn't know existed let alone needed to be cleaned like the space underneath your screen door on the patio.

6) Read Midnight Sun online. That's Twilight from Edward's perspective.

7) Do yoga while listening to swing music.

8) Bake.

9) Read something non-Twilight related.

10) Alphabetize something.

11) Do your hair in a funky style that you would never wear in public.

If you have any ideas for things I can do with my free time, let me know. It's a new thing for me and I'm totally excited to be able to just be at home. I think, now that I've completed number 1 and 2 on my list, I'll skip down to number 8. I'll let you know how my cookies turn out.

No comments: