Sunday, July 27, 2008

Ugandan clock and my itinerary

Want to know what time it is where I will be? Here's a clock that's on Ugandan time. They are 10 hours ahead of LA. It can also tell you the weather conditions of the area. Kampala is a big city sort of close to where I'll be (like from LA to Santa Barbara kind of close).

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=115

It's getting late on Sunday night and I'm feeling pretty good right now. I've made several lists of things that I need to do and things that I have done. I've sprayed all of my clothes and packed them. I've picked out my traveling outfits. I'm still packing my carry-on and trying to find the most economical way to pack things. I made my official itinerary today and I thought I'd share so that you know where I am during my travels.

Into Africa: Brenda’s trip to Uganda

July 29, 2008
8:30 am : depart LAX on flight NW332
4:03 local time (1:03 PST): arrive at Detroit-Wayne county Int’l, MI (DTW)
7:00pm local: depart DTW on flight NW36

Wednesday July 30
9:05am local (midnight): arrive in Amsterdam-Schiphol (AMS)
11:10 am local: depart AMS on flight NW8441/KL 561 on KLM airlines
8:15pm local (10:15 am at home): arrive in Entebbe (EBB)
8:16 : meet up with the Eldeens, drive to some hotel and sleep.

Thursday July 31
Drive to Mbale and meet the Proctors. Sleep.

Friday, August 1
Drive to Nakaale, Uganda. Hug the Goodhearts, meet the other Wrights.

Saturday, August 2 – Tuesday, August 19: Teach and hang out in Karamoja

Wednesday, August 20
10:20 pm: depart EBB on flight: NW 8470/KL562

Thursday, August 21 (the world’s longest day)
5:50 am local: arrive AMS
8:00am local: depart AMS on flight NW39
10:35 am local: arrive DTW
12:00 N: depart DTW on flight NW327
1:51pm: arrive LAX, hug and cry and start showing pictures to my family.

Contact Info:

My website: http://missdempsey.blogspot.com
My email: bdempsey79@hotmail.com


Wow, that's a lot of flying. Oh, that reminds me...I need to add neck pillow to my 'extras' list. Please pray for my days of traveling. Pray that my flights would be safe, that the details of paperwork and customs and changing planes would run smoothly. Pray that I might get some sleep on the plane. Pray that I will meet up with the Eldeens quickly and easily in Entebbe. I've never met them before, but I'm assumming they'll be the only white people there to pick up the only white girl on the plane. It should be easy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have Fun, and I don't see anything in your itineary to pick up the spear for Uncle Dave.

Have a fun time

Love Uncle Dave.