Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Grussen Sie von Amsterdam

Ok, so that was German and not Dutch, but they'd understand what I meant. I am currently in the very large Amsterdam airport waiting for my flight to Entebbe. There are cool computer ports in my terminal which I am using for the cool price of 3 euros for 15 minutes (that's about $6). Things are going very well.
I was able to leave out of LAX before the earthquake and I landed safely in Detroit. The transfer from Detroit was very easy. That airport is the prettiest one I've ever seen. It was one long concourse with a monorail train to take you from one end to the other (I walked to the end of the concourse just so that I could ride :) ) There was also a beautiful fountain that shot water in crisp streams. Very cool. I had lunch and wandered around.
On my flight from LA I met Frank, an ex-professor turned lawyer and author who was a talker. I also met Alex, a man flying to Uganda on my same flight. He is from Uganda and was in the military since he was 11. He got permission from the president (he knows him) to leave the military and come to America for business school. He's now trying to build a business in Uganda. Cool, right?
From Detroit to here I met a wonderful couple from Norway (yeah, Gundersons!) who were also Christians. They were very nice to talk to and very supportive.
I tell you, I could feel the prayers of everyone. Thank you for them and keep them coming. God has really blessed this trip so far and I cannot wait to be in Africa. Only 9 more hours to go!

8 comments:

Kenneth said...

Hi Brenda! So glad there was something to read today when I looked. I knew you'd be fast to post! Have fun!
Love, Auntie Carol
P.S. I don't know why I'm posting as Kenneth.

miked said...

yeah brenda! i stayed up til 3 am just in case you were able to call so imagine my joy when i found your blog this morning. i miss you already but the blogs help. keep them coming... i can't remember my password so i signed up dad and am using his. love, mom
ps. we are praying for you. be careful!

brendas mom said...

i'm so glad that you are having a good time so far and are meeting other Christians along the way. i set up a new account cause i dont remember my password that you set up. do you? love,
your computer illiterate mother

brendas mom said...

Thanks for the phone call! just in case you haven't heard, brenda arrived in Africa about11:00am wed. morn our time(9:00pm wed africa time) and called from the Procter's car on their cell phone.

Laura said...

Hey Brenda! I'm so glad you have arrived safely and can't wait to hear about all of the adventures to come. Remember to breathe deeply and keep in mind Who sent you and will carry you through.
Love you!
Laura

Jo Dee Preston said...

Dear Miss Brenda,

I wrote to remind all the students whose emails I had that you were on your way to Africa. I don't remember if you gave them your blog address, so I didn't either.

I'm glad and give thanks that so far..so good! PTL!

Running,
Jo Dee
Heb 12:1b-2a

Unknown said...

Brenda - So glad you had pleasant, safe flights & arrival. I know God has great surprises and experiences in store for you!
Your friend, Jackie Saenz

Unknown said...

Hi Everyone, We heard from Brenda, and she has made it to Nakaale, Uganda and is now settled in where she is gong to stay for the next 3 weeks.

Have Fun Brenda and we will talk to you later. Love Uncle Dave.