Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Reasons why I love my job.

I love my job. I know that doesn't surprise some of you. In fact, I heard someone say, "You'd love your job no matter what it was." That's possibly true. But there's a difference between looking for the joy in your job and having your job throw joy at you daily. That's how my job is. I love it and there are few jobs that I could love better. Here are some reasons why:

1) I am greeted every day with smiling faces, hello's and general well wishes by dozens of kids.

2) I get to speak all day. To a captive audience.

3) I get to create systems and then implement them.

4) My students think I'm funny and they politely laugh at my stupid jokes.

5) I get to read teen fiction and watch the Disney channel and claim that I'm doing it to keep in touch with what my kids are into.

6) There are students who offer to help me every day. They clean over-heads, wipe the board, will carry things, and even will purchase my ice cream for me on Tuesdays (if I give them the cash).

7) I get to help kids feel better about themselves in so many ways.

8) I can makes kids see how they're smart.

9) I get to dress up for Halloween.

10) Everyday is a challenge that I can usually overcome. So I feel both challenged and successful almost every day.

11) I get to wear cute work clothes.

12) I have a giant office with two big windows. I do share it with 180, sometimes lacking in deoderant, pre-teens, but it certainly is spacious.

13) I don't sit at a computer all day.

14) There is very little down time so my day goes by really fast.

15) Everyday I feel like I've done a little bit to make the world a little bit better.

16) I get major holidays and two months off in the summer.

17) I get to expose my kids to new music, books, and cultures every day.

I wish that everyone could have a job that they loved as much as I love mine. May your job throw joy at you this week.

2 comments:

Erin Dempsey said...

But wouldn't Joi get hurt if we threw her?
Sorry...could not pass up the stupid humor of it.
I am glad that you love your job and maybe will inspire some of your kids to become great teachers like you.

Unknown said...

Your job sounds fabulous! I want to be a teacher, too! It could be even better for you if you invested in some Glade or Febreeze for those "after p.e." class periods.