Friday, June 5, 2009

Building my BBQ

Growing up, my cousins received a lot of Legos. We would play legos all the time. My favorite was when they would get a brand new lego set and we played "Lego school". Of course, I made them play school because I was the overbearing, teacher obsessed older cousin. Each level of the Lego construction was considered a grade and we would complete each level together.

Little did I know how helpful those strange diagrams with no words would be. Today I finally purchased the propane gas tank for my mini BBQ my parents bought for me two Christmas' ago. I invited my friend Dana over for steaks (which I haven't made since I moved out) and opened the BBQ to get started.

Out poured this large series of baggies and metal pieces, complete with a novel sized instruction manuel. I wasn't prepared for construction, but I followed along each step carefully and just like Lego school, I graduated from each step to the next. It only took me about twenty minutes to put together and I was pretty proud.

I then preheated the stove, didn't blow anything up, and even cooked some pretty good steaks. I'm excited to start BBQing again. The one problem is that this makes me even more anxious for summer as I dream of what I will BBQ next: perhaps bananas with chocolate chips inside...

No comments: