Saturday, May 23, 2009

My summer reading list

Every summer I decide to read a lot of different books. I usually start many of them and finish the easy ones. Here is a partial list for this summer:

1) David Copperfield (It's my summer classic...it was my summer classic from a few summers ago. I finally got past the first chapter)

2) The Percy Jackson series - it's a series of books that mixes a little bit of Harry Potter with Greek mythology.

3) Conspiracy in Kiev - a suspense novel

4) Something Borrowed - no comment

5) Miss Match - see above

6) Things Not Seen - a junior novel about a kid who just turns invisible one day.

7) Gone with the Wind - a perennial on my list because I once did a book report on it with out actually reading it and I've felt guilty ever since. One day I will finish it.

8) Midnight in Madrid - the sequel to Conspiracy in Kiev

9) Broken Angel - a loan from my dad

10) Turning the Paige - a sequel to another CCRN I read this year.

11) The Secret Life of Bees - on loan from Hannah

12) Breakfast at Tiffany's - ibid

13) Sovay - a robin hood story only with a girl

14) Life of Pi - on loan from Jane

15) The Abolition of Man by CS Lewis

16) Idols of the Heart - a great book so far about how we make other things gods in our lives

17) The Land - the is the sequel to Roll of Thunder, Hear my Cry and the book that my students read for Academic Pentathlon.

18) Just Jane - a first-person telling of a Jane Austen pseudo-autobiography.

19) The Invisible Wall - Shannon Vincent loaned it to me and it will be depressing. I think I'll surround this one with very fluffy books.

20) Against All Odds - the heroes of Quantico series: FBI agents, romance, the ultimate in Cheesy Christian Romance Novels.

I've got a lot of reading to do. I bet that I'll not read half of them and then find some new series that I devour instead. I love summer reading!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The invisible kid one sounds fun! I definitely want to swipe that for a bit!

Just Jane= enh

Read it if you must, only to round out your collection of work on, about, and by our heroine.