Monday, July 18, 2011

Good and Bad

           As I was brushing my teeth tonight, I realized that I still hadn't rescheduled my appointment for my teeth cleaning. I then thought about how bad I am at rescheduling appointments. I then thought about how I needed to wash my car and change the oil and how bad I am about that. I then thought about blogging about how bad I am at things, but that's a little too negative for me so I thought I'd intersperse some things I am good at so I can counterbalance the negativity.

Bad thing 1: Rescheduling appointments...or even scheduling appointments. I like hanging out with people who are my friends. I don't like hanging out with people who hurt me by poking at my teeth and then charge me money for it.

Good thing 1: I'm really good at hanging out with my friends.

Bad thing 2: I'm really bad at selecting a professional to do some job and then feeling confident about my choice. That means I stick with a bad mechanic or dentist just because the idea of having to choose someone else is far more repellent than the state of staying with the bad one I already have. I guess that means I'll never choose divorce...

Good thing 2: I'm really loyal.

Bad thing 3: I am messy. I try to deny it and hold on to the false hope that I am not a messy person, but I am. I don't like to make my bed and if my laundry basket is full I just leave my clothes where they land until I get down to doing laundry.

Good thing 3: I don't ever make people feel bad about having to clear off their front seat so I can sit on the passenger side.

Bad thing 4: I am horribly forgetful. I think it has to do with the fact that I try to do too much and then I don't sleep that much and my brain doesn't work well. I remember stupid and potentially unimportant details like the fact that the kid I saw at the picnic had a black Nintendo DS he carried in his left hand, while I cannot remember his name.

Good thing 4: I also forget the bad things, so if you do something bad and then apologize and I say, "It's forgotten," I really mean that in the literal sense.

Bad thing 5: I hate calling businesses on the phone. I am always afraid that they will ask me questions to which I don't know the answer or I will feel the pressure to answer before I've had time to think it through and balance all of the pros and cons. I don't know if I want two medium pizzas for the price of one large...what's the cost per piece difference? Is there a volume difference per slice? Would a more accurate question be a cost per ounce analysis? And then I have to decide about toppings for the second pizza and I don't know if everyone wants pepperoni. Would someone else besides me eat the Hawaiian? Too much stress.

Good thing 5: I love providing people with food, whether I make it or order it.

Well, now you know. I am filled with imperfections and I'm sure you know of others, but these are the five I felt comfortable sharing. Please don't think less of me.

1 comment:

Aunt Nancy said...

Think less of you...never...Ha!
Love ya B-da!!!