Monday, July 6, 2009

More things my kids have said

I was going through my papers I brought home from work and found some papers on which I've written funny things my kids have said. Here's a sampling.

1) "I had my homework this morning, but then I had too much pie and I lost it."

2) Bryan entered my class just after PE. He called to his friend from across the room, "Smell my PE shirt, it smells like a man!"

3) While speaking in a British accent, my student and I had a conversation.
Me: You sound so intelligent, sophisticated.
Her: Yes, it's like glasses for your voice.

4) "Ah the sweet smell of second period!"

5)Me: "I've been to every one of Josh Groban's concerts in Southern California...but I'm not obsessed. Not like some of his fans."
Kevin: "Like the ones who go to every concert?"

6)student 1: "Arnold Schwarzenagger, who's that?"
Me: "He's our governor and a famous actor."
student 1: "Really?"
student 2: "Yeah, he's from Germany."
student 3: "No, he's from Australia."
Me: "He's from Austria and speaks German."
student 1: "Is Austria the same as Australia?"

7) "Insurance money is good motivation for murder, you know."

8) An: "If chocolate releases endorphins and exercise releases endorphins, why can't people just eat chocolate?"

9) Me: If you say "Youler" instead of "Oiler" other mathematicians will laugh at you.
Anna: Where is this math community you speak of?

10) Ty: "Do you ever even think bad thoughts?"
Me, dripping with sarcasm: "No, my mind is as pure as the driven snow."
Nicole: "I believe it Ms. Dempsey. You're like a saint. You're like the Virgin Mary!"
Me: "Thanks?"

People who don't understand why anyone would want to teach Jr. High just need to see this snapshot of my life with these kids. I never stop laughing.

4 comments:

Bryan Wislocki said...

We need to write a book. Some of the things MY kids say...unreal!

Brenda said...

Seriously, Bryan. Start saving them up. My friend and I have already started compiling them.

beth said...

i'm sure glad you're keeping track of all those great quotes! what fun!

Anonymous said...

love to read these!mom